Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today
released the BJP manifesto for the state which goes to polls on December 13 and
17. Watch: Modi promises 50 lakh homes
Highlights of the manifesto:
• Narendra Modi releases BJP's manifesto in Ahmedabad - calls it 'Sankalp Patra'.
• Gujarat to build 50 lakh houses for the needy, plan is to deliver these houses in next five years.
• BJP promises greater job opportunities for more than 30 lakh youth of the state if voted back to power. New speciality hospitals to be built in Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and North Gujarat.
• Detailed plan for building infrastructure to help farmers in the manifesto.
• We will try to take Gujarat to greater heights in the next five years.
• Vision document promises cheaper loans to farmers.
• Safe drinking water for every household in the state
• Power generation to be doubled in the next 5 years
• Want Gujarat to again become textile hub, want cotton farmers to benefit.
• Cold storage and agro processing units at district level.
• Land under irrigation to b increase dby 16 lakh hectares
• Courts for women in more talukas.
• Modi promised that the eligibilty for government jobs will be raised for those who are 30-years-old.
Stepping up the attack against Modi and immediately reacting to the manifesto, Arjun Modhwadia, Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President said: It is not BJP manifesto, this is just a lollypop for the voters."
Close on the heels of BJP leader Sushma Swaraj describing Narendra Modi "fit" for the prime minister's post, the Gujarat chief minister came in for praise from LK Advani who said he is a "role model" of development and asked other states to imitate him.
"Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest," he said addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district in the run up to the Gujarat Assembly polls on December 13 and 17.
Advani's praise of Modi comes days after Swaraj and BJP leader Gopinath Munde described him "fit" for the prime minister's post. "Narendra Modi is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... he is fit for it," Swaraj had said on Saturday.
(With additional information from PTI)
Watch: Modi promises 50 lakh homes